Monday, April 23, 2012

Camiguin! all over again..

     April 23 - the day that was especially in our calendar! After hearing the mass that Sunday in our beloved hometown, Dampil, WE joyfully went to the Balingoan port where we'd ride a barge to Camiguin. It was not our first time to be in Camiguin but we were all excited because it's been a long time since the WHOLE bunch of us went travelling and laag together. 

on our way to the barge (at Balingoan port)

On the barge

     I don't know if one should amused or annoyed but as usual, these children who climb on the barge and entice the passengers to throw coins to the ocean are still there. I'd give it to them, they're really good swimmers and divers! Throw off coins to the ocean and they would immediately jump and get it. Even though I know that they're already used to this, it still is unsafe for them to climb and jump like that so I personally think that this action should not be tolerated.

one of those children I described just now
     Just as the barge went, I settled in my seat and enjoyed the sea breeze while listening to my playlist. The others were busy talking and taking pictures and EATING! =D

Baby Jedrick obviously enjoying the ride
     In the middle of the vast ocean,we were given an extra treat by our dolphin friends (as in a lot of them). I've heard that there really are dolphins in that part of the ocean but every time we go to Camiguin we're not able to see one. We were very lucky this time that we've witnessed it. All of the passengers enjoyed the what would seem to be a show prepared by the dolphins. There were a lot of them - they were swimming together with the barge and even displayed their amazing synchronized swimming talents! The dolphins made their performance even more exciting upon hearing the passengers cheer for them! It was really a very overwhelming scene! Very much overwhelming to the point that we were not able to take pictures/video of it! LOL. 
Oh! But if you look closely at this picture you'll see a silhouette of a dolphin submerged  in the sea
    It was around 4:30pm when we arrived in the Benoni port of Camiguin island and took us 30 minutes of travel to Paguia's Cottages (owned by my cousin's husband's family =D). Oh I could give you their contact number if you want! This time around they prepared a big room for us (13 beds). After we settled, we had our dinner and decided to go visit Ardent Hot Spring as we always had whenever we're in Camiguin.

Dinner

enjoying the hot spring, aye?



      When we returned to the cottage and prepared to sleep I felt exhaustion all over me ;p and I accidentally fall asleep! Falling asleep early was the greatest thing I regretted in our stay in Camiguin. All my cousins spent the night outside talking nonsense-but-oh-so-enjoyable stuffs and of course with the eat and drink all you can portion! It's not everyday that we'd be gathered together and talk and have fun! If only I was still awake...

Just before I "accidentally" fell asleep!

   Our adventures for the next day will be featured in my next post! >.<

The following link will bring you to the facebook page of Paguia's Cottages:  Paguia's Cottages [click here]


    

0 (mga) puna:

Post a Comment