Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Travelling via multicab like a boss (or not)!


     Easter Sunday when I arrived in Dampil; I’ll be staying here for the whole duration of our OJT. Dampil is still far from KAO but it’ll be much easier for me to commute to KAO from here than from our place in CDO. From our place to Divisoria would cost me P10, taking a motorela to Agora would cost P6 (SP), then finally it’s P25 for the Agora-KAO (Jasaan) ride. Doubling the amount, it’ll cost me a total of P82 for the fare only. Aside from the bongacious triple ride that I’d be taking, I would need to wake up and take a bath at aroung 4:30am – meaning I’ll be starting my day as early as 4:30am! Only to arrive in KAO at exactly 8am, if not passed 8.

     The multicab fare from Dampil to KAO is P15 (SP). Compared to P82, P30 is much lighter, divaah? And I get to have my vacation na rin in Dampil at the same time. Without further ado, here it is, my first days travelling via multicab…

    First of all you have to understand that in our place in CDO the route written at the side of the jeepneys are really followed and taken by the jeepneys. Uhm, I mean, if what’s written is Xavier Heights - Cogon, the jeepney will really travel through Cogon up to Xavier Heights and even beyond; but sad to say, the multicabs in this part of Misamis Oriental doesn’t work that way. Besides the route written on both sides of the multicabs, there’s a sign board pala in front sayingupto what point the multicab will be travelling. Ignorant me didn’t bother noticing the sign boards; so when I once went on the multicab confidently thinking I rode on the right multicab, I was put to embarrassment when I foolishly asked the kondoktor, “dili ni mulahos ug Dampil diay?” I sensed some of the passengers smirked while saying that it’s only ‘till Jasaan. Woah! If not for Michael’s signal to come down I would have confidently settled in that multicab without knowing that sa unahan ra diay tu taman, atot! I thought it’ll be the end of my disturbing multicab experience but hell no! that very same moment, after coming down from the wrong multicab, I was able to ride the right one thanks to Michael, but after running for almost 4 kilometers, the multicab stopped! And for what reason? Nahutdan daw ug gas! It was actually out of gas!! Whaaaat a lame reason! Goodness! And there I was in the middle of somewhere together with people I’m not familiar with, and I don’t even know where I was! And for heaven’s sake, it was getting darker already because the sun was about to say goodbye nah! Thank goodness the driver was kind enough to help us getting into another multicab! HAHA! So much for my first day of riding multicabs!

     Besides having seated at the front seat besides someone I don’t know when it’s supposed to be a single seater seat only, and having seated on the back with all kinds of passengers (men, women, children, vegetables, and fishes) I had not encountered any more problems in my multicab experience. But another thing I’ve noticed is, the sweater I used to wear while travelling smelled like I was being bathe with smoke! At first I really wondered why but on my multicab trip going back to Dampil, I was able to find the answer. Almost all of the houses we passed through were setting things on fire. Lol. That was a terrible way to translate LAPOG in English. In vernacular, tanan balay among nalabyan kay ga-lapog! Especially in a certain barrio in Balingasag, there was a portion there that the air was really filled with smokey air. Lol. Aso bah, ASO!  
     
     So far, I’m really enjoying my multicab ride but I just find it funny whenever I stretch my neck as far as I could and open my eyes as big as I can when I’m near my destination already (KAO or our house in Dampil). Looking for familiar places and the houses/trees/rocks/signboards I’ve marked in my head that would tell me I’m near my destination already. I really find it hard to look for the right spot to call the multicab for a halt whenever there’s power interruption in Dampil (which happens every other day), but I’m getting used to it nah. I just have to practice not caring for people’s slight laughs or smiles whenever they see me stretching my head and enlarging my eyes. XD

0 (mga) puna:

Post a Comment