Thursday, February 2, 2012

First plane experience


     After our Hell week (midterm week), the most awaited date arrived!! The time for us to go to Manila for the Chemical Engineering Summit at UP Diliman has arrived!! It's time to fly people!!

Pre-departure

     I've been inside the pre-departure area more than once, I've also been inside of an airplane (yung hindi nga lang gumagalaw.. nka-park lang sa airport kung baga) before but this is honestly my first time travelling by air!! I woke up around 1:30am and my nervousness didn't leave me until I arrive at the airport around 7:10am. Feeling ko nga napapraning na ako! Kainis yung feeling! Anyways, to make the long story short, we fell in line to have our baggages checked in (6 kilos lang yung baggage ko!). We sat and waited at the pre-departure area, then the picture taking began. . .

Boarding pass ba tawag dito?

At the back is Russel and Nece; (from left) Rose, Stephanie, Me, Diana, Mannah

Sir Marco (yung bantay namin), Michael, Arn, Russel, Nece, Me, Diana, Dean, Stephanie, Mannah

     Infairness, it was really cold inside the pre-departure area, and considering that I was wearing shorts (plus my nervousness), I could have froze inside. What kept me alive was our discussions regarding Naruto update (chapter 572) then I forgot my nervousness (thank God!). 

     It was already passed 9am when we were allowed to board on the plane. The plane wasn't that far from the pre-departure area but it actually took us around 15-20min to get on board. Why? Yeah! 'Coz we had our picture taking in the runway! We took pictures of our every step as we got closer to the plane! (As in!)

Bob, Rose, Me, Steph 

Bob, Russel, Me, Steph, Nece

     And we are now closer to the airplane...

     As you might have noticed, all of us are very much addicted to smiling to the camera.. And yes, we took pictures even in the stairs but we made it fast because there were people lining up. XD


On the plane

     Sure enough, we continued our picture taking in the plane. . .





      My seat was at 19E so I was seated in between the window seat and the aisle seat. . .

     My ears started hurting when the plane went to a much higher part of the sky. It was Mannah who taught me the trick to spare my ears. Throughout the our flight, there were sudden changes in our height, and that made my ears hurt more. There were two more things that helped me during my first plane ride, the view outside from the window, and the biscuits, cookies, and bubble gum my seatmates, Mannah and Russel, gave me.






      We arrived in Manila 10 minutes earlier than our expected arrival. So far, I didn't enjoy my first plane ride. haha. Anyways, I'll be sharing my Manila experience in my next posts! So wait for it, ok? Ja ne!



0 (mga) puna:

Post a Comment